Deltassist Family and
Community Services Society
Deltassist Family and Community Services Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to the well being of the people of Delta. We offer counselling and community-building in the form of workshops, events, senior support, outreach programs, and information services. We offer support to all areas of Delta and have offices in North Delta and Ladner. We have been caring for Delta since 1972.
We provide counselling in a safe, supportive environment, to help with parenting, substance misuse, violence in relationships, and suicide prevention.
Programs include annual Christmas hampers and Toy Depot, emergency food and transportation, help preparing tax returns, information and referral, and programs which address violence.
Programs include assistance with grocery shopping by phone, light house keeping, yard work, small home repairs, professional counselling, volunteer driving, daily phone support and connection to other seniors' services
Deltassist is an accredited organization which you can rely on for professional, confidential and respectful service that meets international standards.
There is help. There is hope. Contact us.
Add email@example.com to your safe senders list. Or watch your spam folder for an email from us and move it to your inbox and/or flag it as "not spam".
Deltassist's List of Most Needed Items
Please note that Deltassist only accepts non-expired items.
- Rice (plain and flavoured)
- Pasta and sauce – packaged (e.g. Knorr Sidekicks)
- Dry pasta (especially spaghetti)
- Pasta sauce
- Macaroni and cheese
- Cereal (including individual hot cereals)
- Canned salmon and tuna
- Canned ham
- Canned chili
- Canned meat – prem, spam, corned beef, chicken
- Canned stew
- Canned pasta
- Canned fruit (especially peaches, pears, fruit cocktail, applesauce, pineapple tidbits)
- Canned Hearty soups
- Canned regular soups
- Canned vegetables (including tomatoes)
- Tea bags
- Hot chocolate
- Peanut Butter
- Jello (not instant pudding as it requires milk)
- Juice (litre size preferred)
- Baby food (strained and Junior), formula, cereals – expiry date 2024 or more
Food for the homeless cupboard:
- easy to open cans of protein, vegetables, fruit
- peanut butter - small jars
- soda crackers
- ready to go meals in cans
- granola bars
- small snack sizes