Groups and Workshops
Yoga towards recovery
A free program to residents of Delta impacted by addiction. This program will be offered online through Zoom and pre registration is required. This is an open group so it is not required that participants attend each session (although strongly recommended to receive the full benefits)
*Wind Down Yoga*
Every Monday 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Starting June 14
*Rise and Shine Hatha Yoga*
Every Tuesday 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. Starting June 15
A gentle yoga practice may offer the following benefits:
- Learning how to be actively present in your emotions and situations, therefor learning how to “ride the waves” of addiction
- Calming the nervous system, relaxing the muscles and mental synapses for time when the addictive nature of a person is triggered
- Understanding and identifying destructive habits, through presence and gentle self inquiry we are able to develop a deeper understanding of ourselves, our habits and our tendencies through a non judgemental approach
Registration: Email Carlee 2 days before the class at firstname.lastname@example.org
Anger management group: For men and women19 years and older – zoom format
Deltassist is pleased to offer a Anger Management Group in English for anyone who is 19 years and older and are self-referred. This group will teach participants the skills of effective communication, problem-solving, listening, conflict resolution, impulse control, stress management and coping strategies in relationships that may or may not contain abuse. People who have not been charged with or, are not currently facing charges related to domestic violence eligible to attend. People who have anger issues in situations other than domestic are also welcome.
Date: Every Thursday evening from May 13 to July 15
Time: 5–7 pm
- A pre-screening interview before participating in group is required
- Group will be held online through Zoom.
- Cost: Free of Charge!!!
- Offered in English
Registration: Please call Tejinder at 604-594-3455 (ext. #110)
Cost: Free of Charge!!!