Income Tax Assistance
Beginning March 1st 2021 Deltassist offers a free income tax clinic for people with low income and simple tax situations. We can assist you in filing late and multiple-year taxes. Due to COVID-19 we have a “drop-off and pick-up” procedure.
Volunteer tax preparers are trained by Canada Revenue Agency’s ‘Community Volunteer Income Tax Program’ and will handle your information to keep it secure and confidential. Please read the information below carefully to determine if our clinic(s) are right for you.
We are able to assist you if:
- Your income is:
1 person – up to $35,000
2 people – up to $45,000
3 people – up to $47,500
4 people – up to $50,000
5 people – up to $52,500
(add $2,500 for each additional dependent)
- Your investment income is under $1,000
- You have a simple tax situation
Your tax situation is NOT simple and we cannot assist if:
- Your income exceeds the amounts mentioned above
- You are self-employed or have employment expenses
- You have business or rental income and expenses
- You have capital gains or losses
- You have property in a foreign country
- You have filed for bankruptcy in the tax year (or the year before, if that return has not yet been filed)
- You are completing a tax return for a deceased person
- We deem your tax situation to be beyond our skill level.
If you fit the above criteria, your documents can be dropped off at either of our locations (North Delta – 9097 120 Street, 604-594-3455 or Ladner – #202 5000 Bridge Street, 604-946-9526). Your documents will be ready for pick-up within a few weeks and a volunteer will phone you if they have any questions while filing.
You will have to fill out an intake form and disclaimer. Make sure you drop off all your required documents such as:
- Income statements (T4, T5 ect.)
- Medical or dental receipts
- Donation, tuition, bus pass receipts
- Last year’s tax return or Notice of Assessment
For assistance or questions, please call your nearest Deltassist location.
North Delta – 604-594-3455 or Ladner/Tsawwassen 604-946-9526
If you do not live in Delta visit the CRA website and free tax clinic directory to find one in your city: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/community-volunteer-income-tax-program.html
Each year community organizations have stepped up with donations to offset the moderate costs and each year many volunteers offer their time to both receive training and do the work.
On behalf of all involved, Deltassist is happy to offer a big Thank You for making Delta a better place to live.
This work will helping many access benefits from:
- GST tax credits
- Child Tax Benefits
- Guaranteed Income Supplements for Seniors
- MSP Premium Assistance
To be helped or to help others please call your nearest Deltassist location.
In North Delta call 604.594.3455.
In Tsawwassen/Ladner call 604-946-9526.